We want as many people as possible to enjoy our museums and their extraordinary collections. At the same time, we want to protect these valuable collections as best we can. That’s why we ask you to observe a number of house rules.
- You can take photos and make videos in the museum as long as they are for personal, non-commercial use only. The use of flash, tripods and selfie sticks is not permitted.
- You may wear your coat in the museum, provided it is buttoned/zipped closed. It may not be draped over your arm. Wet coats must be removed and hung in the cloak room.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Your visit to and in the museum buildings is at your own expense and risk.
- Security guards are permitted to carry out checks of your bag(s) and/or property.
The following is not permitted:
- bringing items larger than A4 size (bags, umbrellas etc.) into the exhibition spaces. Please use the lockers in the cloak room
- eating, drinking or smoking in the exhibition spaces
- bringing bottles or bottles containing liquid (including water) into the exhibition spaces
- wearing clothing that covers your face (face masks excluded)
- bringing pets into the museum (assistance dogs are welcome)
- offering for sale goods of any kind or distributing them free of charge
- making telephone calls in the exhibition spaces. You may use your phone (for social media, email etc.) if the sound is turned off.
The complete general terms and conditions for visitors are available to view at the ticket desk.